Call for Artists
First Friday | Art Show at the Westward Ho
In 2016, ASU’s Center for Applied Behavioral Health Policy (CABHP) and the College of Public Service and Community Solutions established an innovative office space on the ground floor of the historic Westward Ho. To support ASU’s core tenant of social embeddeness, CABHP began hosting a monthly First Friday Art Show to promote local artists and invite the community to be a part of our mission.
With over 1,300 linear feet on the ground floor of the ASU offices at the Westward Ho, we feature the following benefits to exhibiting Artists:
CABHP provides Artists with free access to our gallery wall spaces; prices for artwork do not require additional “lease fee” from ASU.
- Artists serve as their own brokers; CABHP does not serve as an intermediary when interested patrons contact Artists directly for potential art sales.
- CABHP creates and distributes flyers and graphic artwork to promote our First Friday Art Walk.
- CABHP provides all hardware required to hang and display Artists’ work.
- CABHP provides beverages such as water, coffee and soda.
- Exposure to guests, community leaders, visitors and ASU students, faculty, staff and alumni.
In return, CABHP requests the following for booked Artists:
- Schedule a 1-day set-up the last week/first week of the month.
- Schedule a 1-day tear-down the last week/first week of the month.
- Use art-hanging and display hardware provided by ASU.
- Artists are responsible for their own non-stick wall mounting supplies. No marks or permanent holes may be made on the walls.
- Artists must provide a full preview of each piece for approval by CABHP prior to display.
- Artists are expected to promote their First Friday Art Walk exhibition show throughout their networks, and Artists are invited to create interactive displays or events during First Friday.
- Artists are expected to provide food/beverage beyond what ASU provides if the Artist chooses to do so.
- A full list of artwork being displayed, including titles, description and values, in advance of the scheduled First Friday.*
CABHP encourages local artists to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Artist contact information (phone and email)
- Potential Month(s) Artist is available
- List of other gallery or event exhibitions
- Webiste or link to view example artwork
- An estimate of how many pieces the Artist may be prepared to exhibit
*ASU requires a full list of artwork (including titles, description and individual values) to CABHP at least 1 month in advance to allow for a risk management agreement to be completed between the Artist and ASU.