The Concho Room
Inside the ASU Collaboratory on Central
at the Westward Ho
The Concho Room is an event space located inside the ASU Collaboraty on Central, on the ground floor of the historic Westward Ho.
The space features a center stage framed by the original, decorative tile floor as well as an integrated audiovisual system. Situated on the northwest corner of Central Ave. and Fillmore in downtown Phoenix, with a maximum capacity for 225 individuals (seating max 115), the space is within walking distance of light rail stations, public parking, and ASU Downtown University Center.
The Concho Room provides a convenient and accessible location for meetings and events. The Concho Room provides seating capacity for 115 individuals in theater style seating (chairs, no tables) and 96 individuals in classroom style seating (chairs with tables in rows).
The room is equipped with a high lumen LCD projector, in house audio with both lavalier and handheld standard microphones. The facility offers wireless internet services through the Arizona State University Wi-Fi network. Catering services are available through approved ASU vendors.
Room configurations may be setup to meet most needs. Click here to view photos and seating configurations.
Please fully complete the Reservation Form and submit it within 24 hours of requesting a reservation hold to confirm a reservation.
Requests will be scheduled in the order in which they were received and based upon availability (with priority given to ASU/CABHP and College of Public Service and Community Solutions events). Approved requests will be notified via a calendar (Outlook) invite and unapproved requests will be notified by email. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing all reservation requests.
It is recommended that first-time users schedule a walk-through prior to their event. Please contact CABHP at Concho.Room@asu.edu or (602) 496-0138 to request an appointment or to share questions or concerns.
Meeting Organizer Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the meeting organizer to document and confirm any audio-visual needs when reserving a conference room via the Reservation Form. This includes presentations, video, and conference calls. Available audio-visual aids include:
- Laptop (PC-based)
- HDMI & VGA interface
- Wi-Fi internet access (via ASU network)
- 2 hand held microphones
- 2 lapel/lavalier microphones
- LCD projector
- Dropdown projection screen
- In-house audio (via AUX cord connection)
- Video Conferencing
Food and beverages are allowed in the Concho Room through ASU-approved vendors. Alcohol is not permitted. Click here to review ASU approved catering vendors. Organizations are responsible for making their own catering arrangements.
Catering vendors may utilize the kitchen to store and prepare food for meetings/events. It is the responsibility of the caterers and/or the reserving organization to ensure the kitchen is clean and all catering equipment has been removed after the meeting/event.
It is the responsibility of the requestor to meet all deliveries (catering, materials, etc.). Delivery and pick-up times must fall within scheduled event hours or an after-hours fee will be assessed. Organizations are required to notify ASU of all delivery and pick-up times.
ASU does not validate or provide parking for event attendees. The requestor is responsible for making arrangements with ASU parking services. Click here for directions and a map of the parking lots that are within easy walking distance of the Concho Room. Please contact parking at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-496-1707 if you need assistance.
Setup and Cleanup
The meeting organizer or designee is responsible to ensure the conference room is clean and chairs/tables are stacked and folded. A $150 clean-up fee will be assessed to any users if trash is not placed in provided in-room trash bins, spills, or other related messes are found. If there is damage to the space or a surface within the space, the repair or replacements costs will be forwarded to the event host. Below is the post-event checklist of items that need to be completed prior to departing.
1) Trash: removed and placed in provided trash receptacles. All catering cleared. Please work with your caterer to ensure timely pickup.
2) ASU-affiliates must remove trash from the building to the dumpster on the north side of the building (exceptions for after-hours events).
3) Tables/Chairs: wiped down, folded and stacked in the far southwest corner of the room. Non-ASU affiliate organizations, and for those organizations paying fees to use the Concho Room, are not required to re-set the room post-event.
5) Audio-Visual Equipment: turned off (projector, microphones, etc.)
6) Lights: turned off
7) Door: Concho Room door closed upon exit. Building front door closed and locked. (If being used after-hours.)
- Events should not be advertised until an official event confirmation is received from ASU/CABHP.
- ASU reserves the right to deny permission for facility usage if the requesting organization and/or event has needs that exceed the ability to execute without impacting Westward Ho residents and/or neighbors.
- ASU reserves the right to end an event if fire code or other laws are being broken, and/or if facility conditions pose a threat to those in attendance.
- ASU reserves the right to deny permission for facility usage and to cancel and/or move an event in the case of an emergency.
- Sponsoring organizations and individuals are responsible for the conduct and actions of individuals attending events and activities, and agree to hold ASU harmless from their actions. In the case of excessive damage or repairs, the sponsoring organization and/or individual will be responsible for all costs associated with cleaning, fixing, and/or repairing the facility and/or equipment.
- Taping, nailing or tacking items on walls or on premises are prohibited.
- Use of bubble machines, fog machines, confetti cannons and glitter cannons are prohibited.
- Open flames and non-battery candles are prohibited.
- ASU is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking, e-cigarettes, vape pens and any illegal drugs are prohibited in all campus facilities.
- Proof of insurance may be required from the host organization and/or individual for event approval.
- ASU-affiliates only: It is the responsibility of any ASU-affiliate organization to complete an ASU Special Events Registration form online in advance of the event, as well as pay any associated fees or permit costs. ASU Environmental Health and Safety requests Special Events Registrations be completed no later than 10 days prior