National Certified Peer Specialist Exam
Peer Continuing Education
Peer Support Roles Practice Guidelines
- Core Competencies
- INAOPS National Practice Guidelines
- MHA-National Peer Draft Core Competencies
- NASMHPD Peer Engagement Guide (Chapter 3)
- Peer Staff Disruptive Innovators by Patricia Deegan
- Peer Provider Toolkit
Scholarly Articles on Peer Support
Dickerson, F. B., Savage, C. L., Schweinfurth, L. A., Medoff, D. R., Goldberg, R. W., Bennett, M., ... & DiClemente, C. (2015). The use of peer mentors to enhance a smoking cessation intervention for persons with serious mental illnesses. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 39(1). 5-13.
- First Fridays With BRSS TACS Archive
Druss, B. G., Zhao, L., Silke, A., Bona, J. R., Fricks, L., Jenkins-Tucker, S., ... & Lorig, K. (2010). The Health and Recovery Peer (HARP) Program: a peer-led intervention to improve medical self-management for persons with serious mental illness. Schizophrenia research, 118(1), 264-270.
Defining Peer Support by Shery Mead
- Mead, S., Hilton, D., & Curtis, L. (2001). Peer support: a theoretical perspective. Psychiatric rehabilitation journal, 25(2), 134.
Daniels, A., Grant, E., Filson, B., Powell, I., Fricks, L., & Goodale, L. (2010). Pillars of peer support: Transforming mental health systems of care through peer support services. Rockville: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- CIHS: Activating Self-ManagementAllow menu items without path
- Build Your Peer Career: National Advanced Certification
Other Useful Resources