The Center for Applied Behavioral Health Policy (CABHP) promotes excellence in the delivery of behavioral health services among state and local agencies through in-service education and professional development. Our team of consultants includes subject matter experts, curriculum development and design specialists, and professional facilitators.
The Center provides an array of continuing education hours (CEHs) that meet licensure certification and continuing education requirements for a variety of disciplines including health care, behavioral health, criminal justice, child welfare and other human service areas. Below are examples of the type of CEHs that the Center may provide, depending on the topic and target audience:
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) for medical professionals, including physicians and psychiatrists
- American Psychological Association (APA) for psychologists
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC) for mental health and substance abuse professionals and paraprofessionals
- Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training (AZPost), and the Committee on Judicial Education and Training (COJET) for law enforcement officers, probation, parole and problem solving court personnel
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) for attorneys, including public defenders and prosecutors
Each year, the Center plans, coordinates, manages and hosts several large conferences, including our flagship Summer Institute, held every July in conjunction with the Arizona Behavioral Health Awards and Town Hall in Flagstaff, and Winter Institute that takes place in February in Scottsdale. In addition, the Center facilitates a wide array of innovative community events, such as research colloquiums, symposiums and roundtable discussions on key issues affecting our state.
We also proudly host the Annual Candlelight Celebration, where over 200 community members and service providers stand together to celebrate recovery and to honor individuals and families who live with mental illness.
|Trauma Informed Care & ACEs||May 11, 2021||Online||Register Today||Professional development||3|
|Cultural Intelligence||May 19, 2021||Online||Register Today||Professional development||3|
|Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) Waiver Training||May 24, 2021 to May 26, 2021||Online||Register Today||Professional development||8|